Browne Amps Protein and PBCx6 Split Mono

Josue

Ive read the conversation and seen a video on how to split a loop into 2 mono loops. I have the Browne Amps Protein on Loop 5. I am using a TRS Cable going from the input of the Protein into the Send on the PBC, and a TRS cable coming out from the Return into the Output of the Protein. Ive gone into the Editor and under Loop 5, checked off "Split Mono" and adding Loop 8. I am trying to make each switch independent on the Protein, but when I select Loop 8 nothing happens, there's no sound. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a different cable? Did I miss changing any settings? Thank you for your time and help

Thank you for that. I switched both switches from "norm" to "split". If I understand correctly, they are on Loop 5 and the other on Loop 8. I don't get any sound if I turn Loop 5 on, or Loop 8. They only time I get sound is when both, Loop 5 and 8 are on at the same time. I haven't changed any settings on the editor, they still remain as I mentioned

I’m not really familiar with the Protein, but had a similar dual-stage pedal that could be split via TRS for use with a looper. I wonder if it’s possible that the ring and tip are switched and you need a cable that switches the ring and tip at one end? You’d have to check the specs for the Protein and the PBC to make sure that in/out on the Protein and send/return on the 6x match up.

This is what I found out,
"The TRS plug on the input is going to act as the loop for the green side. The TRS plug on the output is going to at as the loop for the blue side. Tip is the input/send from your loop. Ring is the output/return to your loop" Blue and Green are just the sides of the pedal. Does this change anything on how I have it plugged in?

Unfortunately, that pedal is wired differently that our TRS jacks are. On ours, the send jack is the send of two loops, and the return jack is the return for the same two loops. On the Protein, the first TRS is the send and return for the first half, and the second TRS is the send and return for the second half.

You're going to need an odd custom cable arrangement for it to work:

Send tip to TRS plug #1 tip
Send ring to TRS plug #2 tip
Send sleeve to TRS plug #1 sleeve
Return tip to TRS plug #1 ring
Return ring to TRS plug #2 ring
Return sleeve to TRS plug #2 sleeve

I assume its the cable that I saw on a previous conversation about the protein. Got it. One last question, I saw a video on YouTube, someone with a PBCx6 also using the Protein. He mentions that he is using Loop 1 and Loop 2, those are not he Loops that can do the Split Mono. Do you think that he made it work using a TRS cable to Dual TS into the Loop 1 on the PBC ? Using a TRS to Dual TS on Input of Protein going to Loop 1 Send and Return on PBC, and one TRS to Dual TS on Output of Protein to Loop 2 Send and Return?

I assume its the cable that I saw on a previous conversation about the protein. Got it. One last question, I saw a video on YouTube, someone with a PBCx6 also using the Protein. He mentions that he is using Loop 1 and Loop 2, those are not he Loops that can do the Split Mono. Do you think that he made it work using a TRS cable to Dual TS into the Loop 1 on the PBC ? Using a TRS to Dual TS on Input of Protein going to Loop 1 Send and Return on PBC, and one TRS to Dual TS on Output of Protein to Loop 2 Send and Return?
Yes, I'm sure that's what he did - that arrangement would work.

Back