Buffer #3 Broken

Ehven Hatcher

Hey guys,

Can anyone tell me why or how my Buffer #3 makes my sound cut in and out as if I am unplugging and inserting a cable halfway. It makes an awful noise when engaged (most the time) and when I turn the buffer off the problem goes away. Buffer #1 and #2 have no negative effects, but as soon as Buffer #3 comes on it gets bad.

Is this a common problem? Is there something I can do to help? I have a pretty professional set up so I don't really want to remove the PBC from my board (Picture included).

Attachments

• IMG_8870.JPG
    IMG_8870.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
To avoid future easy questions, I'm running the latest firmware on my PBC (3.1.9) and latest software for the editor (3.1.7), and this problem happened mid set, no changes were made causing this to happen. It occurred "out of nowhere". Also, I'm powering the PBC and all my other pedals with a Strymon Zuma and Ojai (Located under my BIG 3 strymon pedals) and power has never been a problem for me.

As of now I have my Buffer #3 turned off and it's not hurting my tone at all, but for the $1000 I paid for this bad boy I sure would like if I could get all the functions to work appropriately.

Also, I have a video showing this happening and can upload it upon request.

Nice board! Sounds like you might have a defect in buffer 3. Ron is fantastic about taking care of his customers. I'm sure he'll reach out as soon as he see this.

Back