Buffers kill dry signal?

More from Matt at Strymon

Matt Alegrete
(Strymon)

Dec 13, 10:50 AKST

Hello David,

No problem! Hopefully we should have a new version of Nixie in a few months, but I am not sure how soon we can get everything ironed out. I am attaching both firmware files into this email.

To load them, connect your pedals one at a time to Nixie, and drag and drop the appropriate firmware file over the pedal while it is displayed in Nixie. This will load up the old firmware. Once is it finished, Nixie will ask you to update again to the Nixie firmware, but just press cancel and it will remain on this older firmware.

Let me know if you run into any problems
Really glad to hear that Nixie is receiving development. I was literally just wondering about that! I also had it in my head that it was a 3rd party project for some reason. Glad its an official app. I'm using it a ton with my Mastermind PBC rig. Kinda hate that I keep having to unplug midi cables every time I need to use it though.

Not sure if this belongs here but this is my question: I'm running stereo with my Bigsky and Timeline in parallel. Both pedals are in Kill Dry mode. With each loop I turn on I notice a volume increase. I get that it's adding the trails of my BIgsky, Timeline, and dry signal all together in the internal mixer, but volume wise it's really pushing my power tubes pretty hard. Is there a way to turn down the output of that mixer by a few decibels?

Not sure if this belongs here but this is my question: I'm running stereo with my Bigsky and Timeline in parallel. Both pedals are in Kill Dry mode. With each loop I turn on I notice a volume increase. I get that it's adding the trails of my BIgsky, Timeline, and dry signal all together in the internal mixer, but volume wise it's really pushing my power tubes pretty hard. Is there a way to turn down the output of that mixer by a few decibels?
Hey Scott...as Ron mentioned earlier in this thread a volume increase should not happen at all if the units are really in Killdry. You are not by chance running the Beta firmware for the Strymons ( that allows Nixie). There is a bug that makes the unit actually not in killdry even though it says it is.

More from Matt at Strymon

Matt Alegrete
(Strymon)

Dec 13, 10:50 AKST

Hello David,

No problem! Hopefully we should have a new version of Nixie in a few months, but I am not sure how soon we can get everything ironed out. I am attaching both firmware files into this email.

To load them, connect your pedals one at a time to Nixie, and drag and drop the appropriate firmware file over the pedal while it is displayed in Nixie. This will load up the old firmware. Once is it finished, Nixie will ask you to update again to the Nixie firmware, but just press cancel and it will remain on this older firmware.

Let me know if you run into any problems

Sorry to dig up an old post/thread...is the above steps what it takes to revert to an old firmware? I have the BigSky, Timeline, and Mobius and would like to get rid of the firmwares that Nixie made me go to and get back to the regular current release. Thanks!

I suppose that would be a question for Strymon since this is not related directly to the PBC

Except for I was asking a specific question about a specific post...which was about a Strymon pedal....I was essentially asking the person who posted it if what Matt (from Strymon) said for them to do worked. But thanks anyways...

Except for I was asking a specific question about a specific post...which was about a Strymon pedal....I was essentially asking the person who posted it if what Matt (from Strymon) said for them to do worked. But thanks anyways...
Yes that fixed the problem for me...everything worked as it was supposed to after reverting to previous firmware...

Back