Bug Found - 3.1

dougc84

Hey Ron,

Found a bug tonight. I know I've got some other bugs to deal with that I'd get back to you on, but I simply haven't had time (regarding Kemper effect names showing).

I have, on my page 2, PC + and PC - buttons for both my Strymon Timeline and Strymon Bigsky. They were named identically, and I knew what they went for because I have labels above them both. The BigSky +/- wouldn't work, but the Timeline one would.

Seems like the problem originates from having two equally-named buttons. I added a letter on the end of each of their names, and they both went back to working properly.

I did reset everything, rebuilt the buttons, etc., but it seemed to be a naming collision.

I'll check into it and see if I can reproduce it, but as far as I know, names are not compared or examined at all. Only the Device dropdown menu on the button edit screen should have any effect on the button. I'll see what I can dig up...

Yeah, it worked before 3.1, and I just noticed last night that it didn't. So maybe just a bug with 3.1 somewhere.

I tried this out and can't get it to happen with identically named Dev PC-/+ buttons. If you have a settings file that shows this problem, please send it my way.

Sure, I'm going to be mostly away from my computer for the next couple days, but if I get a chance I certainly will.

Back