Button display text, CC Toggle/CC Momentary behaviors

I have my GT16 connected with my BeatBuddy and I’m having a few minor inconveniences. I set up some buttons to navigate through the BeatBuddy’s folder but they increment by 2 units when clicked and set up in momentary (1 increment on the down press and 1 on the release). If I tap super quickly it’ll sometimes move by 1, but this not practical. This doesn’t behave the way I want it, but at least the text in the button’s screen doesn’t stay dark after every button press.

I have it currently set using a CC toggle with momentary unchecked and it’s behaving properly, but if I press it to increment, the text becomes dark in the button’s screen unless I press it again but that will also cause it increment again. I have a few other functions set up where the button’s text will go to the dark text stuff when pressed when I don’t want it to be unless I press it again.

Is there a way to override or have it so that the text won’t stay dark when pressed or am I doing something wrong with my momentary, CC toggle stuff? I’ve tried all sorts of permutations of CC Toggle, CC Momentary, and checking/unchecking Momentary and I either have these buttons behaving correct but not displaying correctly, or not behaving correct but displaying correctly.

Does what I’m saying make sense?

No problem, edit your button and change the off value to None, so it's CC Toggle #??? off:None on:???. Turn on Momentary if it isn't on already. The button will now send a message when pressed, and won't do anything when released.

Back