Can’t edit buttons from the preset screen?

Chrysalis99

6x and MacBook Pro 2020 model. When I load the editor and hover the mouse over the buttons in the preset screen the tool tip says to double click or right click but neither do anything. Seems like a simple thing that I’m scratching my head over. What am I doing wrong?

I’m normally pretty techno but I’m kind of overwhelmed with the Mastermind. It’s a steep learning curve and I’m having to start over completely. Instead of skimming the manual and video series I guess I need to watch and read MUCH closer. It doesn’t help that I’m MIDI noob but that shouldn’t prevent me from at least setting up the basics and it’s a challenge I didn’t expect.

Cheers…

Normally, you would edit the buttons in the Buttons screen. The only time you would edit them in the Presets screen is if you're creating a local button page specifically for that preset. If that's the case, you need to check the Edit Local Buttons checkbox, then you can edit right there in the Presets screen.

More information on local button pages:
Local Button Pages

Thanks, I was just confused when the pop-up said to double click or right click and nothing happened. So is the "preset actions" tab in the preset screen for local button edits only? I thought I saw a video from another user who was using that section for normal button edits but I might be wrong. Ive spent the last 48 hours watching a lot of videos so I might be confused.

Preset actions are something else - just a list of actions that runs when the preset is loaded.

The pop up needs to be updated, I guess. That IA Buttons screen is where you would edit buttons for a preset, but it only does that when Edit Local Buttons is checked.

Back