Can’t update GT22

Flash6969

Hi guys.
Currently on 4.4.2 & have formatted the USB drive etc. loaded MMGT510 firmware on the drive.

Put the USB into my GT22 & it’s just endless scrolling of data lines (see photo). Nothing happens & the device doesn’t update.

Anyone know how to fix this ??

Attachments

• IMG_8576.jpeg
    IMG_8576.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
It looks like your flash drive isn't formatted the way the GT needs. Boot it up normally, enter into setup by holding the two small buttons under the main screen. When the setup menu appears, press System Functions, then Format Drive. Plug in the flash drive, which will erased. Then, bring it over to your computer, copy the RJF file again, then try the update again.

It looks like your flash drive isn't formatted the way the GT needs. Boot it up normally, enter into setup by holding the two small buttons under the main screen. When the setup menu appears, press System Functions, then Format Drive. Plug in the flash drive, which will erased. Then, bring it over to your computer, copy the RJF file again, then try the update again.
Thanks RJM. I Had followed all the instructions & the USB had been formatted as you've suggested.

Solved it - heres how;

- On 4.4.2 so instead of trying to upgrade to 5.1, I selected 4.9 as the RJF file (minor upgrade)
- upgrade to 4.9 worked
- then i upgraded again to 5.1. It worked

For some reason, the GT didnt like trying to upgrade from 4.42 to 5.1 but smaller incremental upgrades did work.

Back