Can I send Midi from GT22 from 7pin out Axe FX usb out?

UncleMatt

I want to control Ableton from my GT22. I can do it with the usb out of GT22 option, but I don’t want to run a 30ft usb cable.

I want to send midi through the 7 pin cable, through to the Axe Fx 3 and out the usb midi into Ableton.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Or would I need to buy a midi expander box, or USB adapter?

I don't think you can do that with the Axe-Fx, but I'm not 100% sure of that. You'd have to ask Fractal if the Axe-Fx can be used as a MIDI interface for other devices. If that doesn't work out, then you can definitely do with with any USB MIDI interface. Just watch out for the super cheap no name ones that you see on Amazon, the one's I've tried have not been good. E-mu, M-Audio, iConnect are all good.

Axe Fx III does not send midi over usb.

If I am using a phantom power adapter box and both midi cables are connected to Axe Fx III how should I connect and integrate a midi interface?

Axe Fx III does not send midi over usb.

If I am using a phantom power adapter box and both midi cables are connected to Axe Fx III how should I connect and integrate a midi interface?

i had a similar setup, connect the midi thru of axe fx 3. You can keep the midi in and out for the phantom box.

Back