Case that works well for GT16

greiswig

All,

I took a chance on a case that looked right, and it fits very well. A little slop around the sides, but you can add foam if you need to. It's by SKB, and I got it for about $50. Here's the model:

SC2111 21 x 11 x 3

Gator makes a 25key keyboard bag with pocket that fits it like a glove. Add foam on top of the gt and you can store an exp in the outer pocket w/o worry of damage. The Skb you show looks better. I am wondering about getting a hard case, but i may have one built. I DO love skb tho.

Shanesplanet - if you're gonna go hard case and want something custom made, go to Brady Cases. They're absolutely fantastic, and he'll build out whatever you want to your specs. Side note - Brady's list of clients is truly impressive.

Thanks doug, I'll keep in mind. Last few cases i had made were from Kent, and it prompted me to start looking into buying a tablesaw and router. Hard to buy from a company that makes cases to your specs but when they arrive they aren't built per the phone conversation. I'll try Brady next, but i may just begin to build my own so i can just be angry at my own lack of attention to detail.

found an SKB 20.5x8" case that seems to work pretty good for the GT. A tad deep, but it also can house a 1u rack unit of sorts. Regardless, I would suspect it should be fairly safe should I be called to travel by air. The lid shuts just barely and theres no movement.

DSCN5549.JPG DSCN5548.JPG DSCN5547.JPG

Back