CC Message: Start/Stop Sequence

Enigma

I've got a Dream Sequence by Hologram Electronics. In the manual, it says that the Dream Sequence can receive MIDI Start/Stop Sequence messages. In the MIDI breakdown section it says that the MIDI message type "Start" has a function "Sequencer Start" and the Range is "N/A". So what type of CC message do I use in the PBC in order to start a sequence?

Awesome, thanks! I used the second option by creating an IA button in the place of the Global Preset. I attached a Sysex Start and Stop with the On and Off of that button (respectively). When I pressed it On it started the sequence over, which is good. But when I pressed it Off it didn't do anything.

I also tried the first option by turning on "Send Start Stop Messages" in the MIDI section and then attaching an On and Off BPM message to an IA button, and had the same results.

Any idea why this is happening?

Not sure, what does your device manual say about stopping the sequencer? Does it specifically mention a MIDI stop message?

Yeah it says it receives MIDI Song Position Pointer, Start, Stop, and Continue messages. However, it also says that when it receives a MIDI Stop message it reverts to its own internal clock. So it sounds like maybe it doesn't actually stop the sequence when receiving a Stop message. To add another twist, though, I've seen the sequence stopped I think when I switch to a present for which I've assigned no PC message for the device.

Ok, you probably will have to set it up to send one of those PCs instead of a stop message, then.

Back