Challenge for the experienced GT user :)

Hi all.
I would like suggestions for how to use my GT 22 more effectively than I use it today.

I have a fairly large WDW setup:

Multiple amps and preamps - controlled by a head switchers and a preamp switcher and amp gizmos.
Using 15 buttons on the GT - today. Could be more in the future..

A loop system - 10 buttons

4 effect devices for «wet» sounds - controlled by my RME sound card.
Each of these devices have many many presets that I use. The presets on these devices takes 10 pages on the GT.

All this is for studio use only - I never carry this around.

Up to now I have only used IA´s to control all this - so you can imagine there is some tap dancing going on :)
I am not making many complex presets or anything - I just want to be able to quickly work in my system.

I am thinking that I can use presets instead of IA´s - to move quicker to each page and back.
Giving each amp configuration a preset - that goes to a local page with loop system IA´s and on/off presets for the wet devices. Those "wet" presets would take me to the local page for those devices.

And I have tried this for a while - but there is something about this that I don´t understand and I am not able to make this work very good.
It is not logical to me how the numbering and positioning of the preset buttons work - and I feel I need to make many more presets than I need. Maybe it is all those years using IA´s :)

My page 1 - today - consists of different amp configurations - as presets. When I push a preset I get to a Local page that is almost the same for all amp presets except for maybe a couple of more amp configurations as IA´s. The local page have the loop system and presets for turning the «wet» on and those presets goes to the wet effects pages.

Example: when I press a AmpPreset I get to my local page - with maybe some amp switching IA´s, loop system IA´s and presets for «wet» effects. Now to show them them in the proper order on the local page I need to put those 5 presets in between all my amp presets. So for 10 amp presets I need to make 50 «wet» presets.

So I am making many many presets - is this really necessary?
Or is there a way around this?

I am also wondering how to make a preset or IA to take me back to the first local page when I am in a «wet» local page.
And is there a way to make the Global Preset so it just goes to page 1?

Hope this is understandable - if not please ask.
English is not my native language.

Thanks in advance
Reidar

I'm not sure I understand entirely, but if you're trying to avoid automatic preset button numbering, you should use IA buttons with preset actions instead of preset buttons. Set up a button as an IA, turn on Momentary and IA Link for the button, and turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change. Add one action to the button that's type System / Preset, with the desired preset number. This will allow you to dedicate a button to recall a specific preset number without worrying about its position within the current bank.

I hope this idea helps - if not, please give me some examples of how you're setting things up so I can see what you're trying to accomplish. You could send me your settings file if you like.

Thanks for answering Ron - as always :)

I think this might be easier than I described over. I never saw the ability to change page with an IA
In short - and hopefully understandable: What I want is to get from one page with a sound to another page to add effect to the sound and maybe after that add another effect and so on.
I discovered this morning that I can probably just use IA´s - some in cycle/linked - that takes me from page to page.
And I will make my Global preset just page 1 on the GT. I still would like to find a smart way to get back into previous pages as I dig into the effects - but that might also be a IA. I have not checked that one out yet.
This solves most of my troubles: the only thing I loose is a local page for each amp button. That would have been nice to have.

I will look into what you suggest Ron

Thanks
ReidarNikolai

Back