changing expression pedal via "system-ExpPedal #" action

ANASON Records

is there a way to make this happen:

i am using the GT16 simultaneously to control Axe FX 3 and ableton live 11. Both are listed as different devices under Devices menu so there is no risk of sending same midi message/command to both devices accidentaly.

I have 3 expression pedals attached to Gt16 which control normaly things in Axe FX like wah, whammy, fx mix etc. Than i have an IA it changes all the pedals to CC's that control Tape Delay in Ableton. Which works great, no issues. But if i go full on with the tape delay's repeats (modulated with 1 of the expression pedals) and turn the IA off before going down with the repeat rates, this can cause accidents on stage....where the repeats oscilate and peak. Is there way to make the expression pedal send a certain/set value going back to the regular expression pedal number? (for that IA's off state) I tried smth similar by adding a CC command but i think the expression pedal is over writing it and it did not work.

Hope this is not too confusing and i was able to explain the case...thx

Last edited:
Sorry, there's no way to have the pedal send a default value. You should be able to send a CC after you change the expression pedal. Worst case, add a System / Wait action to delay a few milliseconds before sending the CC. Also, make sure that Direct Send CC/PC is turned on for the devices the expression pedal controls, that may help.

Sorry, there's no way to have the pedal send a default value. You should be able to send a CC after you change the expression pedal. Worst case, add a System / Wait action to delay a few milliseconds before sending the CC. Also, make sure that Direct Send CC/PC is turned on for the devices the expression pedal controls, that may help.
will give it a shot, regardless if it will work or not it's something minor and i will still love my GT16:) I not only appreciate the product, editor but also thanks a lot for the great customer support and fast response and quick help whenever needed. If i can get my head up from the production/studio gigs i have i will start posting some videos/photos on social media. (live looping with Axe Fx and Ableton live all controlled seamlessly with GT16)

Back