Changing Song BPM + Possible Bug

PianoMan

I'm doing a complete overhaul of my PBC 6/x programming so that I can change some things up and add in some new functionality.

First off, I'm trying to create some buttons that will allow me to add/subtract 1 BPM from the song tempo as needed. After some trial and error, I was able to get the BPM adjusting with the same method described in this thread, but this method appears to only affect the preset, not the song, as switching presets reverts the tempo back to the programmed song tempo (makes sense since I have all presets set to follow the song tempo). Is there a way to set this up so that it changes song tempo rather than preset tempo? If not, I'll add that to the feature request board. :)

(Also attached my new setup file just in case.)

Now the possible bug: I created some preset up/down buttons for my delay/reverb. My buttons are programmed identically (see first picture below for an example), but if I adjust the preset and do an IA Store, then the new preset number gets added to the end of both preset button names (see second picture).

1677179705893.png

1677179814690.png

Attachments

• Caseman PBC 6X Setup NEW.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
That bug you mentioned has happened to me for years. I posted about it back in 2020 and a few others mentioned they noticed the same thing. It's still happening - not a big deal because it doesn't affect anything, but my OCD hates it haha.

It happens to me in my preset + / - buttons for my midi controlled pedals and seems to happen more often when I transfer settings to and from my PBC/laptop.

It looks like the code that decides whether tempo changes are stored to the current song or the current preset is broken. I'll fix that.

I swear I've fixed that Device PC thing in the past. But, I'll look at it again and see what's going on.

It looks like the code that decides whether tempo changes are stored to the current song or the current preset is broken. I'll fix that.

I swear I've fixed that Device PC thing in the past. But, I'll look at it again and see what's going on.

Thanks for doing that!

Pretty sure you had fixed it, as I never had this issue until now, and I replicated my bank programming directly from my old preset. Maybe something got broken in the new firmware?

Either way, just want to say that I appreciate all the work you are putting in/have put into these products! They save me so much time and help me to play my absolute best! Can't wait to see what you come up with in the future! (Come on PBC with scribble strips! ;))

Back