Chase Bliss/ZVEX Bliss Factory Preset Page

Thomas Hopton

Hi there! I have a few presets saved on my CBA/ZVEX Bliss Factory, but sometimes want to change some parameters on the presets over time. Is there a recommended way to setup a button page where you can call up a preset (say PC#5), make some knob adjustments, and then send the same PC#5 to the device while holding the two buttons down on the pedal?

Thanks!

I recommend setting up an IA button that sends the current PC again. Set mode to Normal, type to IA. Turn off all checkboxes except Momentary, which needs to be on. Add an action: Bliss Factory / PC off:None on:Same

You can use that button to generate the PC message the pedal needs when you're holding down the two buttons on the pedal.

I recommend setting up an IA button that sends the current PC again. Set mode to Normal, type to IA. Turn off all checkboxes except Momentary, which needs to be on. Add an action: Bliss Factory / PC off:None on:Same

You can use that button to generate the PC message the pedal needs when you're holding down the two buttons on the pedal.
Perfect, thank you!

This is cool, but how do you select the PC you want? In other words, I may want to make changes to various presets for various chase bliss pedals. They may not all be getting the same PC messages sent by activating them. In this case I'd need several IA buttons then right?

So far the workaround I have been using is to select/activate the effect I want to edit - for example the chase bliss brothers pedal - often times I want to tweak the master volume out so it balances better with other settings on a given preset, but it takes some finagling.

So once the effect is on and active, using the RJM to switch to it, I disconnect the MIDI cable going to that pedal. I then make the changes I want and then reconnect the cable and re-cycle through my settings to reselect the particular preset from the RJM while holding down the two buttons on the pedal. I can then go do this for other chase bliss pedals.

I partially have to do this because I use IA cycle for distortion, so hitting the same button 2 or 3 times gives me different levels of distortion. So I have to circle back around to get to the particular preset I want, then re-engage the midi cable to re-program it. Sounds harder in text than it is in practice.

Great Idea - and will the display report the particular PC selected by incrementing or decrementing these PC buttons?

Back