Clarity about MMGT 'Accessory Power' Outputs

rlhinc

I'm confused! In the photos of the back of the MMGT models on the RJM site, the GT 10 and 16 both have the words, "100mA Total" written over the 2 'Accessory Power' outputs.

But, the GT 22 is different: On the GT22 box, written over the 2 'Accessory Outputs,' it says, "100mA Each."

But in Video #2 of the 'Mastering the Mastermind' series, while we're literally looking at a shot of the back of an MMGT that says, "100mA Each," Ron says "... the two outputs can deliver a total of 100 milliamps overall..."

So, I'm confused. Are the GT 10 and 16 different in this regard from the GT22? Or, are all the MMGT models the same in supplying 100mA TOTAL for both outputs? And, if this is the case, why does the GT22 say, "Each," while the GT 10 and 16 say, "Total"?

For me, the bottom line is that I'd like to phantom power the GT10 with an RJM Power Adaptor over 7 pin-DIN, and then use the 'Accessory Power' outputs to power a pedal that requires 9V. / 200mA. Will this work, or does anyone have a suggestion as to how to make it work? I'd LOVE not to have to put a power supply on the board holding the GT10 just to power one pedal!

Thank you...

It's supposed to be 100mA total. I think anything that says 100 mA each was a typo from very early models. I had completely forgotten about that, and we probably just need to update old photos. The Mastering the Mastermind videos use the one of the original GT prototypes that I use for all my software development, that's why it says that. The GT/22 came out a year or two before the GT/10 and 2 or 3 years before the 16, so by the time we started selling those models the text had been corrected.

That said (I know I'm opening a can of worms here), sometime recently we've started putting in 200mA converters in GTs because we couldn't get our usual ones and then found that another company is now offering a compatible 200mA model. If your GT is pretty new, you have a good chance if it actually being a "200mA total" output.

I use those outlets to power the LEDs on / under my board :) Lets me know the footprint of my pedalboard on dark stages.

Back