Clearing IA's when changing presets

Meanoldfireman

I'm setting up a GT 16 as part of a backup/downsized rig. (Main rig is a 22).

I have loop in an effects gizmo set up as an IA to control a Leslie Digital pedal. I'm also using the relays in a G-Major 2 to control the Speed and brake functions (the pedal is digital, but not MIDI). Since I only use those when the Leslie is active, I don't to dedicate IA buttons to them on the main button pages, so I I'm putting them on the local page for the presets that have the Leslie active.

I want to be sure the loop controlling the Leslie is shut off when I switch to another preset. but since the button isn't on the other pages, I haven't come up with a good way t do that.

So far, the only thing I've come up with is creating a Program in the Effects gizmo that has all loops off. If I put the PC message for that Prorgram for the other presets, that will clear everything before the CC's assigned to that preset are transmitted?

If there's a simpler way to do this, let me know.

Thanks

Ned

Yes, you definitely could set up a program on the Effect Gizmo that has all loops off, although it may have unintended consequences (you'll have loops turning off for split second, then turning back on, for example). If you're not using all of your external switch inputs, you could take an unused one and make it control the Leslie. It doesn't actually need to have a switch attached, it just needs to be active with Send on Preset Change, Update on Preset Change and IA Link on. IA Link also needs to be on for your Leslie button on the local page. This keeps the two buttons in sync with each other.

Because the External switch will stay around from preset to preset, it would be able to send the off command to the Leslie when you switch presets, even when the other switch is no longer available.

Back