• I prefer switches that have a noticeable click

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I prefer switches that are smooth and have no click

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

rjmmusic

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a quick question for you - do you prefer your footswitches to have a "click" you can hear and feel when you press them, or do you prefer a switch with a smooth travel?

There is nothing worse than playing a quiet song and hearing a loud click. I think it bothers me more than the audience. Also, you want a soft switch if you are doing tap tempo. I would say there has to be at least one soft switch for this function

I would give my vote for *no Click*.. I would trust the displays would give me all the info of the switch status. And any button could be a 'fast' tap tempo!

Definitely no click. I was watching a video of one of my gigs, and I could hear the tap tempo switch clearly on the camera at the start of a song. Most annoying!

would prefer no click but do like to feel some sort of positive feel feedback from the switch

Also, while the editor will likely be great... sometimes you just want to program on the unit itself and sometimes by hand... the pressure needed to click shouldn't be so great that you become fatigued pressing the switches with your hand. I've had several MIDI controllers with that problem.

i like using my own effects recording ...if mics are in same room as GT ...click would be no good but maybe the loud kind are more durable? i dunno ...if so i would put up with click for durability

Actually, the clickless switches are more durable. The click comes from parts that rub together, so they tend to wear out sooner.

Back