Click Stopper Issue

Hiya

Just got my Effects Gizmo and Master Mind (all stereo) .. all working ok except for one thing ...
If I use the output from the Click Stopper (CS Out) (I currently only have a mono preamp, so I use a mono cable out), then I get a background noise like a fuzz pedal, that follows the guitar signal, i.e. rises and falls in pitch with what is playing :shock: . If I use the output from "Outputs 5-8" (Jack 16 in the manual) then the noise goes away and the unit is as it should be, totally silent.
I've tried unplugging all the effects pedals, but it doesn't help.
Am I doing something wrong or does the unit sound as though it has a defect?

Cheers

Stu

Input in via the front panel, then effects in loops 1-5 only.
So, Jack sockets 5,6,7 & 8 (Fron Front, Buffer In, Buffer out and Input 1-4) are empty, buffer not in use.
Nothing else is set up yet as I'm still collecting a few bits & bobs to add.

Stu

If you've not got anything breaking the signal between the front input and loop 1, the buffer IS in use. Which rules out my suggestion that you should run through the buffer to prevent noise issues with the click stopper. Sounds an odd problem to me. Hopefully Ron will pitch in with a more useful suggestion.

Confirmed - you are using the buffer! That's a really odd problem... I suspect a repair is in order. Where are you located?

HIya

I'm in the UK, as I said I've only just bought the unit, so I can return it to the retailer for a replacement easily enough, I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't doing anything silly.

Cheers

Stu

The good news is that you're not doing anything silly, the bad news is that you'll have to exchange it for a new unit. :( That symptom is so odd, I can't imagine it being anything other than a defect..

Hi Ron

Thanks for confirming that ....

Just an idea for you to maybe consider in future releases of this product ....

I have effects pedals in the loops, each one I've set individually with volume/tone whatever to my liking.
However depending upon what combinations of effects are selected, the overall volume and/or tone doesn't really work that well. i.e. unwanted volume boosts/reduction, tone going muddy or thin etc etc .. its the common multi-stomp box thing.

My idea is to incorporate a volume and maybe a simple paramteric bass/mid/treble tone controls such that each patch can have it's own settings, therefore achieving pedal nirvana :D You can have the same pedal combinations with different tone/volume settings... it all makes it infititely versatile.
It'll be like the multi-effect rack systems but with user configurable effects (pedals lol)

I've got round this by finding a midi unit that does all that for me ... but they're as rare as hen's teeth or stupidly over-engineered and over-priced for guitar rigs.

Just an idea...

Cheers

Stu

Back