Click stopper problem with Effect Gizmo.

libertystudios

Hello everyone I'm writing from Italy and I am new to the forum.
I have an annoying problem with a pedal (Wampler Ego compressor).
The pedal connected directly to the amp is working properly.
My system is composed of 8 pedals, then I go out from Cs and I return to loop 9 and 10 to switch Between Two amps.
Each pedal is working properly.
The problem comes when I turn on the loop 1 (ego compressor), the volume decreases. The volume return normal when i turn on some other loop.
If I go out from loop 8 and I go in to loop 9 without CS, everything is good.
I checked cables, voltage everything is OK.
I've an other compressor (demeter compulator) in loop 2 and works fine.
Any suggestion???
P.S: I use the front input with buffer
Best regards
Andrea

have you tried with the buffer after the CS

ie Guitar in > Effect Gizmo > Loop1 (CS) ; CS out to Loop1 return > effect gizmo buffer

It sounds like there might be an impedance problem. You will need to either keep the CS bypassed, or insert a second buffer (or clean boost pedal) in between the compressor and CS to fix the mismatch.

Glad to hear it's working. The impedance problem seems mainly to affect vintage type compressors and Uni-Vibe type pedals.

I'm really not lucky....I bought yesterday a pedal from Menatone (Wreck't) and has the same problem!!!
I try to bypass CS, I hope it's going to all right.
Best regards
Andrea

I have had problems with the CS as well with all my pedals. Mesa V twin, RC Booster, Plimsoul, Fetto Nord etc. . . It is the Click Stopper. RJM needs to re-design it so it is not so sensitive so that it will work with any pedal.
I have a T1M mini buffer I will put it between loops 1-8 & the click stopper and see if that works.

there are so many things that cause issues, different buffers in different pedals, no buffer in pedal, different impedances thats an impossible ask in my opinion

Back