Click Stopper

ron5150

Is there a way to use the CS (Click Stopper) for two effects chains?

I have Loops 1-4 (Effects Chain 1) in front of the Amp; Loops 5-8 (Effects Chain 2) in the Amp's Effects Loop.
Loops 1-4 has the CS at the end of the chain before hitting Loop-9 which uses its "Send" to send the signal to the Amp.

Putting a jumper from "1-4 Out" to "CS IN", and "CS OUT" to "Loop-9 IN" leaves Effects Chain 2 without a Click Stopper.

If I use a "Y" or insert Cable or use any of the dedicated loops to combine the signal (using IN and Return and sending the signal to OUT) and send it to "CS IN" then "CS OUT" to get to the Amp, wouldn't that make Effects Chain 2 (Loops 5-8) signal run parallel to Effect Chain 1 (Loops 1-4) as they meet up at the "Y" or the dedicated Loop that combines them to go into the CS?

Is the only way around this is to have another EG or MEG?

Maybe there should be 2 dedicated Click Stoppers (1 for Loops 1-4 and another for Loops 5-8).

Any help or suggestions to silence the clicking in the effects loop (which I use Loops 5-8) would be greatly appreciated.

Oh... btw, my EG is full stereo. Does the CS in this configuration (stereo) have TRS that I might be able to utilize Tip for Loops 1-4 and Ring for Loops 5-8? or is the CS MONO?

And if it is in fact a TRS jack, and utilize it as described above, are they isolated and separate from each other so a not to have a parallel signal situation?

I've just responded similarly in another thread, but I'll mention it here as well. Typically, you only need one Click Stopper, and the optimal place is right after the amp's effect send. At that point, there are no further sources of gain, so any click will not be amplified enough to hear.

The Click Stopper is stereo in all Effect Gizmos and Rack Gizmos.

Back