competing controllers

hochha

I have two Lexicon MPX R1s, I plan to purchase a Mastermind GT. Can they work together to control two MPX G2s, how would that hook up? The R1s are phantom powered with 7 pin cables from the G2s that also provide two way communication, CC pedal control. The R1s can be powered directly with their wall warts, the G2s have a Controller/in and midi thru and midi out. The R1s have Out/remote, midi in and midi thru.

I don't know enough about the MPX R1 to say for sure, but please let me know how you're planning to use the R1 and GT together, and I'll see if I can figure out a way to get it done.

I would like to use the GT for one button scene changes for the whole rig, multiple amps, rack gizmos, effect gizmos, Lexicon, Eventide processors, the R1s have their own CC pedal for real time control of effects. If I can run a midi cable into the MPX G2s from the GT while keeping the direct connection to the R1s, problem solved as long as signals are not coming from both controllers at the same time.

Turns out the MPX R1 has a midi merge function built in. Just turn it on and midi input to the in port are merged to the out/controller port allowing the R1 and the GT to work along side just fine. Thank goodness for the fine engineers at Lexicon, at least the ones that worked there back in the 90s! Now if they had only wrote a computer app to control the MPX G2.

Back