Connecting to PC (Windows 10, Editor & PBC f/ware 3.0.1)

spikeymcspikeface

Hi - my PBC won't talk to any PC's. I've tried a Lenovo laptop, Lenovo desktop & Dell laptop (all running Windows 10); three different USB's - one USB 3, the others USB 2, two of the three being brand new leads; and leaving the PBC plugged in (for the best part of an hour) to see if it was just taking time to load drivers. Nothing doing.

Both the PBC & the editor are happy reading USB pen-drives (so I'm having to transfer settings between them that way for the time being).

Thoughts/suggestions ...?

I recommend upgrading the PBC to the latest firmware, just in case. Do you not hear the Windows "device connected" sound when you plug it in?

Hi thanks for the reply, Ron.

I had upgraded to the latest firmware but there's a glitch with the 'Preset 2nd -> global' setting (which I know you're looking at for the next upgrade) so I reverted back to 3.0.1.

And no, I don't hear any 'device connected' sound when it plugs in, and the device doesn't show up in any locations/menus - as far as I can tell, the PBC is simply not recognised by any of the PC's I've tried (strangely, though, if you plug something into Windows 10 that it doesn't recognise it usually gives you a warning to that effect, so in the case of the PBC it's almost as if, from the computer's pov, nothing whatsoever is plugged in ...).

Cheers.

Um, Ron - I am ashamed to say that it turns out this problem is entirely of my own making ...!

Embarrassingly, I have to admit I've just realised I was plugging into the wrong USB socket on the back of the PBC (the -> device instead of -> PC). Now I've used the right connection, everything's working perfectly.

Please feel free to call me whatever names you feel appropriate.

Cheers.

Back