Connector Protector & Handling Bar

Diezel

Ron/All,

Information is listed in the wish list section, though it's not necessarily a wish item for existing owners.

An idea for a simple design change is to add a bar to protect cables and circuit board. The bar also doubles as a handling arm. The bar shown is a cabinet pull.

Design intent: The bar reduces potential component damage. On a floor, it's easy to step on, drop an object or kick cables at the rear potentially breaking the circuit board or connectors. You can conveniently secure connector(s)/cable(s) to the bar.

The bar cost about 10.00 (I picked up a 3 pack for <30.00 on amazon). Link: https://amzn.to/3PV549G .The length of the bar is 18" on center. The handle is constructed of ~ 1/2" square tubing. For DIYer, remove 8 screws to remove the GT top. Drill two holes 18" on center placing the bar on the rear of the aluminum case. Reassemble. Modification time is 30-60 minutes. Tools needed: screwdriver, drill and bit. The bar does not interfere with any connectors including the 7 pin XLR

Top.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

Great idea!
It's the only kind I have j/k. Typical response from my wife. Hope it helps some.

Maybe future boards for customers could be setup as an option...With a basic drill jig template as I assume most of your shells are probably cut in runs, it's easy to add the holes in those before boards are affixed.

New runs you can add those holes in your DXF or whatever CAD file system you use. ...you can call it the "Diezel" mod. :cool: . As an ME like you, from a manufacturing end, it could change the box size and any preformed packaging material. I suppose a thread insert or rivet nut could be used like you have on the bottom of the board. Then a handle could be added easily from the outside using a slightly modified handle with holes at any point...that requires a new designed bar though. ...not like you have any other projects going on lol.

Hopefully this gives others the functionality idea and assurance it works adding this to their controller. I could add as a note, before you drill, place tape or isolate the area so that aluminum shavings/dust does not fall onto electrical components.

Back