Control change (CC)?

lureb

Hi, I have been reading the preliminary manual and can't find reference to how control changes work other than on the expression pedal section. Can you send CC messages per preset? The idea would be to be able to turn Strymon pedals on and off without having them in one of the loops. I'm sure that this'd be easy once I get my hands on the unit but just by reading the manual I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Yes, you can assign CC messages to presets, or to buttons. This will be handled in the PC/Mac editor, which will be available in a couple of weeks.

I have a follow up question: once you assign CC messages to certain buttons, can you use those buttons as part of presets without resorting to the editor? I want to know if I'd be able to create presets on the spot, in rehearsal or live, when I don't have access to a computer, and be able to set the bypass state of the Strymons placed outside of the PBC's loops.

Thanks!

Once a button's functionality is programmed using the editor, the on/off state can be programmed for each preset on the PBC itself without the editor's help.

The editor is about 80% done at this point, but still not in a beta-ready state. I expect that I'll have a beta for you all towards the end of next week.

Back