control voltage (cv) input to PBC Exp?

Brian

I read a post online where a user claimed they could send a cv signal to the mastermind for use as a midi cc expression control. I can’t validate this in the manual. I have a new device that sends a user programmed sequence or wave shape via cv signal for modulation of other effects. I would love to use with my RJM but am not sure the PBC works with anything other than a passive expression signal. Can anyone help?

I haven't personally tried it, but you should be able to apply a CV signal to the expression pedal input's ring. It's very important to make sure the incoming CV doesn't go above 3.3V, going significantly higher than that could damage the unit. Leave the tip of the jack unconnected if you decide to try this.

I haven't personally tried it, but you should be able to apply a CV signal to the expression pedal input's ring. It's very important to make sure the incoming CV doesn't go above 3.3V, going significantly higher than that could damage the unit. Leave the tip of the jack unconnected if you decide to try this.
I appreciate the quick follow up. Like many cv signals, this pedal sends a signal between 0 - 5v, so I think I will skip it for now. No way do I want to risk damaging the PCB for this experiment! Sounds like it would require a hardware upgrade to offer compatibility in the future.

Last edited:
Back