Controlling a Zoom MultiStomp pedal via USB?

Currently, no. The Mastermind PBC isn't able to act as a USB host for MIDI devices.

ok, no worries. is this possible to implement in a future update, or is this just not possible with the hardware?

Adding USB MIDI host support is something I've considered, but I'm not sure when it can happen - it will be a lot of work. Even if it does happen, it would only work with devices that are "class compliant" (i.e. they follow the USB MIDI standard) - we wouldn't be able to write drivers for every proprietary device out there. But, if someone else has created a MIDI patch changer for the Zoom, it's more likely that the Zoom is class compliant.

Thanks Ron. Until then, would I be able to use something like this to get the PBC to talk to a class complient USB MIDI device?

signed up, just to ask about this. there's another thread about using usb to talk to a Source Audio Reflex too.
i noticed the PBC already has a USB Host port, and was hoping the PBC might have a firmware update would allow the PBC to mirror 5 pin midi out to the USB host port for usb midi client devices like the zoom ms70 and SA reflex.

i realize it would take a lot more work to process midi in functionality, but a software switch that allows mirroring the 5 pin output to the usb host ?

It's something I'd like to do at some point, but doing USB drivers is some of the most awful coding work I've had to deal with. The MIDI device support we do have took weeks of very intense work, and that was back in the good old days when I could spend most of my day coding. :)

Hopefully one day I can get it done, but it definitely isn't going to make it into 4.0

It's something I'd like to do at some point, but doing USB drivers is some of the most awful coding work I've had to deal with. The MIDI device support we do have took weeks of very intense work, and that was back in the good old days when I could spend most of my day coding. :)

Hopefully one day I can get it done, but it definitely isn't going to make it into 4.0
i'm in the middle of trying to shrink a prototype arduino uno usb midi host to a pro mini, what micro controller/usb host chip is the PBC using ?

It's using an STM32F405, which seems to require unusually complex drivers compared to other chips (which I found out too late!)

powerful processor, but i haven't even started arm programming yet :(
im'ma have to make my little arduino project work.
thanks

Back