Controlling Ableton Track Arm with the PBC

simon

Hi,

I've been trying to program certain presets to control which channel(s) are armed in Ableton. Using "Preset Actions" to send CC messages, I've gotten to the point where I can change whether a track is armed or not, but I'm currently only able to toggle between on and off. I'd rather be able to send an absolute value of "on" (channel is armed) or "off" (channel is not armed), because as it is now, if I accidentally double tap the preset, I have armed the channel and unarmed it again. The way I'm doing it now is also problematic because it means if I want to go from channel 1 being armed to channel 2 being armed in Ableton, I need to create a preset action to switch off channel 1, and another to switch on channel 2. This could all get very confusing if I accidentally step on the wrong preset at any point, as my channel arm status would be out of sync with where I'm supposed to be in the song. I've tried using both CC Toggle and CC Momentary without any luck, and the "exclusive arm" feature in Ableton doesn't seem to make any difference either

Thanks,

Simon

Back