Controlling DD500 tempo

Set MDI Clock to Master on the PBC (MIDI settings), then edit the tempos on your songs accordingly.

You may need to enable MIDI clock receive on the DD-500, I'm not familiar enough with the pedal to be certain about that.

Also, if you only need tempos on a per song basis, turn on "Ignore Preset Tempos" in the Globals tab.

I have the DD500 set correctly, but when I change songs it only wants to give me a bpm of 150 or 120 depending on the song I am on. Even though the 2 songs I’m using as a guide are set at 72 and 68 respectively

If you change the tempos in the songs, does the tempo on the DD-500 change at all?
I’m trying 3 different songs with 4 presets each. Each time I change a preset it will go from 150 to 120, then back to 150. It alternates every preset. Even though I have my songs set at 81, 72, and 68

Ok, so the DD-550 is not receiving tempo from the PBC. Are you sure MIDI clock is enabled on both the PBC and the DD-500?

I’m pretty sure it is, because when the tempo changes on the DD the tempo also changes on my SMARTClock. When I disable MIDI clock on the DD, the SMARTClock still changes with the preset changes from the PBC but only from 150 to 120

So, where is the Smartclock in this system? What are you using it for, and does the DD-500 work correctly with the Smartclock removed?

So, where is the Smartclock in this system? What are you using it for, and does the DD-500 work correctly with the Smartclock removed?
The smartclock is the last midi device. It controls my non midi capable effects, a Cusack Tap a Whirl and a JHS Emperor. The DD 500 does not work properly with the smartclock removed

I loaded up your settings here, and the PBC is sending the correct tempos for your songs.

Have you tried connecting PBC directly to the Smart Clock to see what tempos it reports? The DD-500 could be messing things up.

It must have something to do with the DD500, because it works fine going straight into the smartclock.

Interesting, please check with Boss on that, I don't really have any experience with the DD-500 to be able to offer any further advice.

Back