Controlling Eventide DSP4000 banks/programs with a Mastermind??

Flash6969

Hi all.

So Im struggling to control the Eventide DSP4000 effectively - well I'm struggling to get access to the banks & programs in the DSP4000 & I'm sure its the poor manual from Eventide; it skims over information without providing ay 'in-depth' info for midi control.

p.73 of the manual states "there are a variety of things a user can do with midi:
- select a specific program in the bank"

Great - how to i control/select a bank via midi? From mucking around it appear there is no method to switch a bank via midi, only programs. Therefore, I need to manual pre-select a bank when i turn the unit on & ensure my Mastermind is only selecting programs in the DSP4000 from the bank I have chosen (eg: bank 6 = hall reverbs)???

https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.eventide.downloads/Discontinued+products/4000seriesUG.pdf

What I'm trying to achieve is to select various banks/programs via the Mastermind, for example:

- Bank 3 (chorus/flangers) Program 13 (Leslie Like)

then swicth to

- Bank 6 (Hall reverbs) program 3 (big hall).

Hopefully someone has more experience with the Eventide rack units & can advise me how to achieve this??

I don't have experience with that unit, but from a quick look in the manual it appears that it only lets you select presets in the current bank, you can't select different banks.

However, have you tried using bank select messages? On the Devices tab, set Bank Support to LSB or MSB, you'll then be able to specify bank and preset number for the DSP4000 for each GT preset. It's worth a try...

Ha! So after 2 weeks of trying I got nothing. It would appear the Eventide units do not use banks!!
Wow, looks like they spent all the R&D budget on sounds rather than midi. This unit sounds fantastic but is useless when it comes to MIDI controlling

Back