Controlling Multiple Midi Dead-End Devices

mhuntt

I've been running a midi loop out of my PBC/6X which firsts goes through a Strymon Timeline and then onto a Specular Tempus. I'm thinking of swapping the Timeline for another Specular Tempus, but it's a dead-end midi device with no midi out. What's the best way to deal with this and effectively split the signal so that I can control both from the PBC?

Have a look at the Quadra Thru by MIDI Solutions.
I've got a PBC10 sending midi into a Selah Quartz out to a Walrus ACS1 and thru the ACS1 then out to a Quadra Thru and the Quadra won't pass any midi at all. Doesn't light up or anything. I'm using the 2,4 and 5 pins as usual for midi. I also have a disaster area midi box for Jackson and Empress midi that's powered that I've tried going into that from the PBC10 then thru to the Quadra Thru hoping to pass the power but no dice. Any advice??

I've got a PBC10 sending midi into a Selah Quartz out to a Walrus ACS1 and thru the ACS1 then out to a Quadra Thru and the Quadra won't pass any midi at all. Doesn't light up or anything. I'm using the 2,4 and 5 pins as usual for midi. I also have a disaster area midi box for Jackson and Empress midi that's powered that I've tried going into that from the PBC10 then thru to the Quadra Thru hoping to pass the power but no dice. Any advice??
Are you sure the Quadra Thru is working? Can you get it working with any device?

Also, the method the Quadra Thru uses to draw power from the MIDI output port doesn't work with all devices. If it works with some devices and not others, that would be the likely explanation.

I've tried directly from the PBC10 and directly from my BigSky and still no dice. Is there some setting in midi on the PBC10 that would send/transmit midi power?

I've tried directly from the PBC10 and directly from my BigSky and still no dice. Is there some setting in midi on the PBC10 that would send/transmit midi power?
The Quadra Thru pulls power from the MIDI pins 2 and 4. It's not possible to turn them off without making the MIDI port not work at all.

Make sure that pin 2 is in fact wired thru in your cable - it's not normally needed for MIDI communication (except as a shield ground), but it's used as part of the power scheme for the Quadra Thru.

The Quadra Thru pulls power from the MIDI pins 2 and 4. It's not possible to turn them off without making the MIDI port not work at all.

Make sure that pin 2 is in fact wired thru in your cable - it's not normally needed for MIDI communication (except as a shield ground), but it's used as part of the power scheme for the Quadra Thr

Make sure that pin 2 is in fact wired thru in your cable - it's not normally needed for MIDI communication (except as a shield ground), but it's used as part of the power scheme for the Quadra Thru.
I did a bunch more testing and found the issue. The ACS1 doesn't pass thru the power for the Quadra. All cables were wired correctly, but the Selah Quartz will pass it through but not the ACS1 before hitting the Quadra. So had to move the midi for the ACS1 from a different source and now everything is working or at least able to be communicated with from the PBC10. Thanks for you help!

Back