Custom button page for amp control

mcvittym

Ron

I’d like to be able to change channels on my MIDI amp head without changing the current preset.

I thought that the best way to do this might be to create a ‘custom’ button page, e.g. page 4.

Is this the best way to achieve this goal (short of putting another footswitch or midi controller on the pedal board)?

If so, can you recommend the best way of accessing page 4? I am having trouble finding information on how to do this.

Thanks

Martin

Yes, creating another button page is the way to go. First, make sure that your Max Page setting is set to 4 (found in the Global tab in the editor). Then, you have to decide how you want to get to that page. You can either replace an existing button if you're not using one, or you can add a hold function to a button. For example, holding the Switches button for 2 seconds will bring you to the amp control page.

One other possibility is that you can add it into a cycle of pages. Right now, pressing the Loops button brings you to the loop control page and pressing it again brings you back to presets. You could change it so that pressing Loops once brings you to loop control, pressing it again brings you to amp control, then pressing it a third time brings you back to presets.

Let me know how you'd like it to work, and I can tell you how to get it done.

I'd like to change the 'Switches' button so that it brings me to page 4 instead of the Switches page (page 3). I'd also like to add a hold function to the Switches button that takes me to the Switches page.

The rationale is that I'm more likely to use amp control (page 4) than Switches (page 3) at the moment.

Ok, no problem - edit the Switches button, at the bottom you'll see an action that says System / Page 3. Click it and on the right side change Page from 3 to 4.

Then, at the upper left, switch Button Mode to Hold. There will now be two options in the upper center of the screen "Button Settings" and "Hold Functions". Click "Hold Functions". Now, set Button Type to IA. Press New Action at the bottom, then set Action Type to System, Subtype to Page, and set Page Number to 3.

I think I finally found a solution that lets me publish both online and PDF manuals simultaneously. Hopefully I can use that to write a manual for the PBC editor.

Ok, no problem - edit the Switches button, at the bottom you'll see an action that says System / Page 3. Click it and on the right side change Page from 3 to 4.

Then, at the upper left, switch Button Mode to Hold. There will now be two options in the upper center of the screen "Button Settings" and "Hold Functions". Click "Hold Functions". Now, set Button Type to IA. Press New Action at the bottom, then set Action Type to System, Subtype to Page, and set Page Number to 3.

I think I finally found a solution that lets me publish both online and PDF manuals simultaneously. Hopefully I can use that to write a manual for the PBC editor.

That would be great and i'm sure it will save you a lot of time answering the same questions over and over.
It is helpful to have an example of what one is trying to do or can do then giving the step by step solution.

I am interested in how to create a cycle of pages?
Also after pressing the loops pages then holding the same button to save to a preset it goes back to the loop page. Is there a way to go back to the page and the preset that was just saved?

A cycle of pages is achieved by putting a different page action on each page. Page 1's button calls up page 2, page 2's button calls up page 3, page 3's button calls up page 1

Adding a page change that happens after a store operation is not possible at the moment, but will be in 2.0.

Ron

I have finally bought the amp I had in mind when I raised this issue - a Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk 3. I have set up page 4 on the PBC and assigned a momentary IA action (which sends a CC message) to each of the 6 buttons on the front row. This this all works fine - they are in the same group (group 1) and pressing each button in turn selects each of the 6 channels. However, when I return to page 1 (presets), no matter what page 4 button I have programmed as part of the preset, when I select any preset, the PBC seems to send only the CC message associated with the IA action for page 4, button 6.

Can you help?

Set all of the actions to be CC Toggle instead of momentary, and in Group 1 settings, turn "Send off messages" OFF. That should do it. Each button is reporting its state every time you switch presets, and it sounds like the Triamp doesn't distinguish between ON CCs and OFF CCs. Turning that setting off will only send a CC for the button that's actually turned on in the preset.

Back