dB adjustment per loop

Gregg123

Hi there,

I have a PBC6X and just was curious if each preset can have a volume adjustment to it? Asking because I have one particular fuzz that doesn’t have a volume knob, just a single tone knob and it’s significantly louder than other pedals. I’d love to be able to have it preset that when activating that loop, it’s already a tiny bit quieter if possible?
On the flip side, I have a few parts in our set that I could use a tiny bit more volume but I’m already running an ep booster always on and trying not to invest in another one. Is there a way to bump up the volume a little as well?
Thanks

Attachments

• 55DD4AF7-40B1-47C7-B0DF-B19681D9E812.jpeg
    55DD4AF7-40B1-47C7-B0DF-B19681D9E812.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
  • 090BFFEA-2FC3-4C22-BDEB-2F7DFC673253.jpeg
    090BFFEA-2FC3-4C22-BDEB-2F7DFC673253.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 5
I'm sorry, there is no internal volume adjustment ability, all loops are unity gain.

Hi Gregg You could put a MXR Micro amp in series with the fuzz in the loop. - I think it would do the trick.

Depending on your signal chain, you could use another midi-capable pedal as your volume adjuster by preset. You would need to figure out your unity gain or default level (the CC value) and the CC values for your attenuated and boost levels. Then you can create IAs (two separate ones - one for Boost and one for Attenuate) with an ON value of the boost/attenuated level CC and an OFF value of your default/unity level. Then you can trigger each IA per preset as needed.

For example, I have the Jackson Bloom compressor at the beginning of my chain and the Free the Tone MIDI EQ at the end of my gain stages. I have boost values set for each of them via IA buttons sending CCs, so I can boost my signal before or after my drives automatically per preset.

You might be able to do a post-gain boost with your H9 assuming it's in series after your drives, though it could get a bit challenging trying to set it up to modify your output level on the fly when it also affects other effects you're using. If you have to get something new to solve this, having some kind of midi-controlled EQ with volume (like the Source Audio EQ or EQ2 pedals) is an extremely useful tool that you could use for much more than boosting/attenuating.

One simple idea might be to place a volume pot after the fuzz that's too loud. I know Michael Pope did that with his fuzz loop. Just put a pot in a box, and roll it down slightly to attenuate the output of the fuzz. Place the volume box after the fuzz, but in the loop with the fuzz. The box can be tiny, and doesn't even need power. Make sure you use the right kind of pot to retain your fuzz tone. I'm not sure what it should be. Ask rjm, or someone who builds.

Back