DD-500 sysex message... is it possible?

Hello,

This is my last attempt at getting the DD-500 to do what I need, which is ignore MIDI clock per PBC preset.
What I would like to do is change the MIDI parameter for SYNC from MIDI to INT and back again based on the PBC preset. I have never tried sysex messages before so not entirely clear how to compose the message.

To set the SYNC to Internal send sysex:

F0 41 ii 00 00 00 4D 12 10 00 00 23 00 00 F7 * where ii is the Device ID which can be read from the pedal.

To set the SYNC back to MIDI send sysex:
F0 41 ii 00 00 00 4D 12 10 00 00 23 02 00 F7

The MIDI implementation document is here https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/DD-500_Ver-200_MIDI_Imple.pdf

I'm hoping I can put this sysex command into a preset action to change the SYNC setting.

Does the sound feasible?

Any advice appreciated.

Alan

Yes, that should work fine. Just select a Sysex in the editor, then copy & paste the digits into the Sysex box on the right side of the editor. Make sure to replace "ii" with the device's ID.

Then, in your preset action add a Sysex on:x action, where x is the number of the sysex you want to send.

Yes, that should work fine. Just select a Sysex in the editor, then copy & paste the digits into the Sysex box on the right side of the editor. Make sure to replace "ii" with the device's ID.

Then, in your preset action add a Sysex on:x action, where x is the number of the sysex you want to send.

Thank you, it worked! Device ID is odd though, took me a while to figure out. From the Device it says 17 which I converted to 11 Hex but it did not work. So, I monitored while reading from the Editor app and saw it was using ID 10. So, for some reason it is off by one. Once I figured that out it worked like a champ. Cheers!

Back