Device PC+ and -

sergicalhands

Hey Ron,

I have a page where I assign all MIDI devices to this page where I can go thru my presets and save them if id like too. When searching thru presets on my Strymon pedals (Mobius,Timeline) using the Device PC + -, whenever I get to the end or the beginning it just keeps going without reverting back to the start or finish. Example: When Im on the first preset 1A and I hit Device - to go the last preset (normal behaviour on my H9 pedal), preset stays the same but the pedal thinks its on another preset and takes into account. Is this normal?

The Strymon pedals have two banks of presets, one with 128 presets, and one with 72 presets. The PBC doesn't currently support that - it can only handle banks with equal number of presets.

If you don't need all 200 presets, you could go to the Devices page and set Bank Type to No Banks and Max Bank to 0. This will remove bank support. It will limit you to the first 128 presets, but Dev PC + and - should work better.

The Strymon pedals have two banks of presets, one with 128 presets, and one with 72 presets. The PBC doesn't currently support that - it can only handle banks with equal number of presets.

If you don't need all 200 presets, you could go to the Devices page and set Bank Type to No Banks and Max Bank to 0. This will remove bank support. It will limit you to the first 128 presets, but Dev PC + and - should work better.

Ok, so if I set the Max PC to 100 I will only scroll thru the first 100 presets using the Device +- which is ideal since after that the presets are duplicated. If thats true, will I be able to call up a preset outside of that range(Ex:172)??

This is what I got from the Strymon manual,

"TimeLine has 100 banks with A & B presets in each bank. Banks are numbered 0 to 99 on the display. The presets in banks 0-49 are duplicated in banks 50-99 at the factory.":confused:

Strymon must've expanded the number of presets in a TImeline firmware update somewhere along the way... The website and the current manual say that the Timeline has 200 presets.

Strymon must've expanded the number of presets in a TImeline firmware update somewhere along the way... The website and the current manual say that the Timeline has 200 presets.

I was reading in the wrong place of the manual. Here is where I should of been reading:

MIDI Patch changes:
TimeLine presets are arranged in 100 banks of 2 presets each for a total of 200 presets.
MIDI access to these presets is available as MIDI program change messages.
Via MIDI, the presets are numbered sequentially,
for example:
BANK 00A = MIDI program # 0
BANK 00B = MIDI program # 1
BANK 01A = MIDI program # 2
BANK 01B = MIDI program # 3
BANK 02A = MIDI program # 4 etc ...
To access presets 0-127 via MIDI, send program change messages as shown above.

Here is where I need help...

To access 128 to 199, first send a MIDI Patch Bank message (CC# 0) with a value of 1, then the program change message. To switch back to a preset from 0 to 127, send CC #0 with a value of 0, then the program change message.

The Dev PC - and + buttons take care of the banks for you. The only problem is that the Strymon pedals stop at preset 200, where two banks' worth of presets would be 256 presets. If you can get by with 128 presets, then set Max Bank to 0 in the GT's settings for the Strymon pedal.

Ron, is there a way to have to buttons configured for Bank + and - for Strymon pedals?
Forgive me if it's already been explained somewhere.

You can program the PBC to trigger the A and B buttons simultaneously, or the B and Tap buttons simultaneously, simulating how you switch banks on the pedal itself. Doing it that way is kind of fiddly, but it's the only way the pedal allows you to switch banks.

Back