Digital Clicking from Clock

Howdy. I’ve been using my RJM and recently started hearing a slight digital clicking from my blooper.

I’m working on solving it, but was hoping to see if anyone had a similar issue or any pointers on how to fix it.

I have the same issue with a Jackson Audio Golden Boy drive pedal. The midi clock noise gets annoyingly amplified, but that’s no surprise—it’s a gain pedal. Others on here have had the same problem with that pedal, too.

Only solution I have at the moment is to turn off midi clock and use tap functions for the pedals for which I want to control tempo. No idea if that’s an option for you.

I think Midi Solutions makes a box that you can set to filter out some bits of the midi data stream, but I haven’t tried it myself.

Not sure this helps you, but you’re not alone with that problem.

The solution depends on where it's coming from. If you're sending MIDI clock or tap tempo to the pedal, check the shielding on your MIDI connections. If the pedal is not receiving any tempo from the outside, then the problem is within the pedal itself and would have to be addressed by the pedal manufacturer.

Back