Disoriented in V2

JeffMarshMusic

Hi everyone,

I know V2 will be awesome once I'm used to it. But now that I'm trying V2, the editor does not display my specific preset names on the button page. All the bottom buttons say "Preset" It was kinda nice before when I could see preset names in the editor and drag/swap them around.
What I'm use to, as a newbie, is using the bank buttons to page up/down to access different pages of presets for various songs. Maybe my way is lame, and I need to embrace the song/setlist approach.

I do miss seeing my preset names appearing on the Button page of the editor

Am I missing something? Or should I make the paradigm shift.

Thanks for any advice you have.

jm

That was an intentional, but apparently misguided, decision by me. Pre-2.0 the editor was displaying preset names, but was not always doing it correctly. It didn't pay attention to song or setlist mode, for example. I took out the name display with the eventual goal of replacing it with a more accurate representation.

This threw off a lot of people. So, for 2.1, I will put the name display back the way it was and hope for the best. I still need a better way to explain to people how preset buttons get their names - they're different in that they take their names from the preset list. You can't ever just go in and edit a preset button's name. (Well, you could edit the name in the 1.4 editor, but the name was never actually displayed anywhere except in the edit text field)

Ahhh... since I have yet to embrace song/setlist mode, I would always see the preset names. I would use the editor to create preset names in groups of 6 so they would show up in the MMGT (leaving blanks if I wanted a set of 6 to start on the next bank). I would send (names & layout) to the device, then edit the presets and store back to the editor.

I see the benefit of song mode, but when in song mode certain presets I created do not show up anywhere (if they are not assigned to a song).

Thanks for your help, Ron.

jm

Back