Display gone on GT16

Andy Power

hi, hope someone can help, the main display has gone off on my GT16, it’s still lit bright white but there’s nothing on it.. hope i can get it sorted as i’m nowhere near my Axe so can’t even check my tuning etc..
in the UK.

Ok, first thing is go into setup and select Display Settings and press Main Contrast + repeatedly. If you don't see any changes after 20 or so presses of that button, the display will have to be changed out. I know a repair facility in Southend-on-Sea that could do the job for sure.

Ok, first thing is go into setup and select Display Settings and press Main Contrast + repeatedly. If you don't see any changes after 20 or so presses of that button, the display will have to be changed out. I know a repair facility in Southend-on-Sea that could do the job for sure.
Hi, connected it up this morning and the display came on though not quite fully - there was a thick blank line down the centre…after pulling out the cable and re-connecting it came on as it should… I think it must be on its way out (the display that is). Is the display something I can replace myself or get an electrician to do (someone who repairs Music Equipment). Southend-on-Sea on Sea is at the other end of the country to me and as I gig every weekend it would take much longer than a week to send it down there and get it back etc…

Hi, used it last night, display fine when first powered up but then went all skewed during the show..couldn’t use tuner etc.. Would it be possible to buy the display and get it fitted? Getting desperate over here..

Hi, used it last night, display fine when first powered up but then went all skewed during the show..couldn’t use tuner etc.. Would it be possible to buy the display and get it fitted? Getting desperate over here..
Can anyone help me out please… it seems I need a new main display for my GT16 - I’m in the UK and desperately wanting to get this issue sorted…please if you can help me let me know. Can I purchase the main display screen in the UK (what’s the make/model number)…
thanks

Can anyone help me out please… it seems I need a new main display for my GT16 - I’m in the UK and desperately wanting to get this issue sorted…please if you can help me let me know. Can I purchase the main display screen in the UK (what’s the make/model number)…
thanks
Anyone?

Thanks, Iv ordered the display (£50) and emailed the electronic music services…. Quick question, is the display difficult to install? Is it something I would be able to fit myself?
It depends on how good you are at soldering (and desoldering). It's not difficult if you've done circuit board work before, but would be challenging if you haven't.

It depends on how good you are at soldering (and desoldering). It's not difficult if you've done circuit board work before, but would be challenging if you haven't.
Hi, ok thanks…I’ll not take the chance as I’m not very good at that, however I know a guy who lives very close to me who repairs electrical and musical equipment I will speak to him about it… Is there anything in particular he would need to know or would it be just quite straight forward for an experienced guy…

Hi, ok thanks…I’ll not take the chance as I’m not very good at that, however I know a guy who lives very close to me who repairs electrical and musical equipment I will speak to him about it… Is there anything in particular he would need to know or would it be just quite straight forward for an experienced guy…
The display connects with a cable that needs to be detached (no soldering required), and it has two large pins that attach it to the circuit board that do need to be desoldered and cleaned out so that the new display can be fitted.

I also can suggest some tests that would tell us more. It's most likely the display, but there are another couple of possibilities it could be, and it would make sense to check those before removing the display. Please have him contact me and I can provide more information.

The display connects with a cable that needs to be detached (no soldering required), and it has two large pins that attach it to the circuit board that do need to be desoldered and cleaned out so that the new display can be fitted.

I also can suggest some tests that would tell us more. It's most likely the display, but there are another couple of possibilities it could be, and it would make sense to check those before removing the display. Please have him contact me and I can provide more information.
Hi
i will ask him to email you, he will not have my GT however as i will be taking it to him once the display has been delivered…
do i just give him the normal rjm email address

This ^^ is what stellar customer service looks like. I've never experienced anything else that meets the level of RJM for customer support. Great product. Great people.

Back