[DONE] Wish: Change Pedal function action

Mr.E

Now you can assign another function to a pedal per preset. But it would be nice if you could do this with a button. Perhaps even an IA cycle.

I KNEW I wasn't the only one who wanted to do this. I was wondering if perhaps the gt16 can, but i am just ignorant. I was hoping to use one expression pedal and be able to choose which device and command it overrides to with a button. Per preset would be even more fabulous. I could effectively control my vocal fx volume, or my guitar fx volume, or my vst volumes on the same preset page, just by creating a button that controls which override command to use. I too looked into controlling at least 2 with the IA cycle. Invaluable if it could be this way, especially for the one man band with no extra space or hands free. Each device (more pedals) needed, is more I personally have to pack in and out. Hoping to help a great device become even greater with every idea. Any normal humans wouldnt notice. I suspect the mmgt crowd aint normal humans.:)

Now you can assign another function to a pedal per preset. But it would be nice if you could do this with a button. Perhaps even an IA cycle.

You can do this. Assign a button to Pedal 1 Shift. This lets you switch between Pedal 1 and 2 within the same preset. Which you can assign to different external controllers in Setup.

The plan is to create a list of expression pedal setting blocks, probably a computer-friendly number of them like 128 or 256, and then create IA actions that set a pedal to one of those settings:

System / ExpPdl 4 off:1 (volume) on:25 (whammy)

Then it could be used anywhere in the GT (external switch, IA cycle buttons, the expression pedal position switch, etc.)

You can do this. Assign a button to Pedal 1 Shift. This lets you switch between Pedal 1 and 2 within the same preset. Which you can assign to different external controllers in Setup.
I LOVE YOU MAN!! I don't know how I overlooked this (ok so i know how i did...there's lots in this thing). The pedal group shift may be the easiest solution to controlling just 2 devices per pedal anyhow. I'm going to definitely give a try. Thank you for the tip!

Sounds like the pedal block solution will work to me. Especially if that pedal block is also controllable externally, as is the rest of the ai buttons. Maybe even color assignable blocks. So the color can indicate which device is being transmitted. Geez the amount of time, effort and thought RJM has in this thing so far, is staggering. Awesome to have our ideas heard (or re-heard) as well. Seems just about everytime I begin programming a new device, I am foaming for the pedal modifier block you mention, Ron. Having 1 pedal and a page of 'pedal buttons' that would let me choose the current modifier/block would be a dream. Maybe as an "ai cycle with menu" button for it on pages and even in a local page?

Last edited:
Back