Don't repeat same presets on 2nd page/song presets to specific page buttons

Piplodocus

As mentioned before on the LT forum...
I have 4 presets on pg 1 of the LT. If I have a 2nd song page with more preset buttons I just get the same presets on page 2 as I had on page 1! So I can't have more than 4 presets in a song!

There needs to be a way to map presets across multiple pages e.g. each button's preset ID(?) placeholder maps to that number preset of the song. So if page 2 has a preset ID 5 it'll put the 5th preset of that song in the slot.

Using settable placeholders/ID per preset button means as well as being able to have 1 page with song presets 1, 2, 3, & 4, and a 2nd page with 5, 6, 7 & 8, you could even choose to have a page 1 with preset holders 1, 2, 3 & 4, and a page 2 with 1, 2, 5 & 6 and have the same 2 common presets first on both pages, but 2 different preset options per page. So you can put any preset anywhere, but they'll all update based on the relative positions in the next song's preset list.

No feasible current workarounds. The best for me is using 2 "songs" per actual song, but it gets messy and since I'm sending clock tempos with song changes, any tap-tempo tweaks may be overridden half way through the song if changing between these 2 half-songs. Can't just use IAs as the amp doesn't do CCs only PCs, and I want different Delay/Verb depending on the preset anyway.

I kinda did. Ron said he'd thought about it, but never got around to it. I've since just used my LT in a different way where each song only ever has a maximum of 4 presets. It's on my little board though, so I don't really need it to do all the crazy stuff this big board does...

I'd kinda be a lot more tempted to buy a GT if this got done as then it'd have more feature parity with my FAMC LF+ (but that company is seemingly defunct with zero support, no repairs/spares, no drivers to edit them with any recent non-intel Macs, midi clock tap never properly worked, etc, etc).

Forgive me if I read your initial post incorrectly:

Were you essentially asking for a fix to be able to have a kind of carryover for a song (i.e. you create a song with 8 presets representing 8 arts of a song and wanted the LT to be able to switch to the next page of presets without having to bank to the next “song”)?

The idea was if I change page within a song I could have say presets 1-4 on page 1 and presets 5 & 6 and a couple of IAs on page 2.

If it also used the button "ID" thing then I did think you could also have it so it has say presets 1-4 on page 1, and preset 1 (again), and 5 & 6 or whatever on page 2. Currently it just 1 to however many presets there's buttons for on any page of the song.

To be fair I'm not sure how much I'd use it if it was available now on an LT with how I have it set up for the little board, but that crazy board above used a mix of different and mirrored presets on other pages of the same "song". I think you need the full >hour long video on my youtube to show any of that though. Haha.

The idea was if I change page within a song I could have say presets 1-4 on page 1 and presets 5 & 6 and a couple of IAs on page 2.

If it also used the button "ID" thing then I did think you could also have it so it has say presets 1-4 on page 1, and preset 1 (again), and 5 & 6 or whatever on page 2. Currently it just 1 to however many presets there's buttons for on any page of the song.

To be fair I'm not sure how much I'd use it if it was available now on an LT with how I have it set up for the little board, but that crazy board above used a mix of different and mirrored presets on other pages of the same "song". I think you need the full >hour long video on my youtube to show any of that though. Haha.
Ah…

I have an LT and I use the alternate presets feature which nets me 8 presets per song. Works great as each of the four buttons yields an alternate with a second tap. 8 presets is plenty per song for me.

I have an LT and I use the alternate presets feature which nets me 8 presets per song. Works great as each of the four buttons yields an alternate with a second tap. 8 presets is plenty per song for me.
Could you go about how you set this up? Or post a video so others (myself included) can learn this “not from a Jedi” power?

It’s super easy on the Mac or Windows MM editor. Each preset page in the MM editor has a entry box for an Alt Preset: It’s a window near the top right above Tempo. Just type in the alternate preset you want and then write the changes back to your LT.

For example, my preset 1 is CLEAN. My alternate just adds REVERB which is my preset 19. So a second tap on that first LT preset button calls up 19. Tap it again and it toggles to back to 1. Easy!

It’s super easy on the Mac or Windows MM editor. Each preset page in the MM editor has a entry box for an Alt Preset: It’s a window near the top right above Tempo. Just type in the alternate preset you want and then write the changes back to your LT.

For example, my preset 1 is CLEAN. My alternate just adds REVERB which is my preset 19. So a second tap on that first LT preset button calls up 19. Tap it again and it toggles to back to 1. Easy!
Seems simple enough.

I wonder if the preset page buttons can still have HOLD functions with this setup?

On my LT I have HOLD functions on the preset buttons to be able to momentarily add pedals into the current preset signal chain.

I like the idea of what you’re putting down… but I would never want to sacrifice the versatility I already have in my LT rig.

Thoughts?

I am FiNALLY looking into this.

I may be a bit confused. What do I set the "Alt. Preset" to for setlist mode? Is it "Previous"... so when a song is cued up it will flop between the first two presets in the song selected? Then the second button will flip-flop between the next two?

Having trouble trying to figure this out...

Would be awesome if you cut a video about this whole process...

Last edited:
I am FiNALLY looking into this.

I may be a bit confused. What do I set the "Alt. Preset" to for setlist mode? Is it "Previous"... so when a song is cued up it will flop between the first two presets in the song selected? Then the second button will flip-flop between the next two?

Having trouble trying to figure this out...

Would be awesome if you cut a video about this whole process...
Yes Alt Preset toggles between the two presets you setup even in set list or song mode. I usually setup a patch and then the alternate adds reverb or delay etc. I also always keep my distortion patches at the last of the four preset buttons on every bank. Then I set an IA action by holding that fourth button down which takes me to another higher bank of all distortion presets, each with an alternate too. That gives me 8 distortion choices while soloing. My bank down button has an IA hold action to return me back to my standard clean preset.

Yes Alt Preset toggles between the two presets you setup even in set list or song mode. I usually setup a patch and then the alternate adds reverb or delay etc. I also always keep my distortion patches at the last of the four preset buttons on every bank. Then I set an IA action by holding that fourth button down which takes me to another higher bank of all distortion presets, each with an alternate too. That gives me 8 distortion choices while soloing. My bank down button has an IA hold action to return me back to my standard clean preset.
This wizardry FRiGHTENS AND CONFUSES me!

But I think I get the gist.

EXAMPLE:
You want an "Alt Preset" to go from "PRESET 1|Clean" to "PRESET 2O|Wah"...
Duplicate "PRESET 1|Clean" then add the "Alt Preset" (PRESET 2O|Wah"...

That way you have your original preset and the preset with the "Alt Preset" in it?

Back