Dry button

Jamm0r

Hey guys, I’m trying to find a way to create a button that pulls back my reverb mix. I’m think about something that I can press to give me a nice and dry rhythm tone, but I would want the reverb to go back to the predefined settings when I switch to a different preset. I’m using the PBC6, and a BigSky for my verb. I would like this “dry” button to be assigned to my external switch. Any ideas? I appreciate the help!

I don’t think there’s a way to revert after a CC change. My workaround has been to either program an expression pedal setting with the heel at the dryest setting you want and the toe at the max mix of that particular preset, or just make two identical BigSky presets then change the mix on one to be your dry setting, and then you can set up the PBC to toggle those two BigSky presets in whatever way you want (hold setting, IA cycle, second press on preset, or whatever).

I don’t think there’s a way to revert after a CC change. My workaround has been to either program an expression pedal setting with the heel at the dryest setting you want and the toe at the max mix of that particular preset, or just make two identical BigSky presets then change the mix on one to be your dry setting, and then you can set up the PBC to toggle those two BigSky presets in whatever way you want (hold setting, IA cycle, second press on preset, or whatever).
Thanks Josh. What about using a CC change to pull back the mix? If I change to a preset that has a different PC defined for the BigSky, would that not reset the mix to whatever is stored on that PC?

Sure that would work, but you have to change presets on the BigSky. What I’m saying is that I don’t know of a way to have the PBC know or remember what CC to put it back to once you change a parameter. I think your solution or some of my suggestions are good workarounds.

Sure that would work, but you have to change presets on the BigSky. What I’m saying is that I don’t know of a way to have the PBC know or remember what CC to put it back to once you change a parameter. I think your solution or some of my suggestions are good workarounds.
Thanks again. It would be awesome if the PBC could revert back to the original mix, but I think I can roll with one of the workarounds.

Back