Dry out for recording

I'm wanting to split my signal and take a dry out for recording purposes, and rather than spend a bunch of money on a splitter I wonder if my PBC-6x can handle this?

I know the second input can be switched to a tuner out - would that work for this purpose? Ideally, I would like to utilise the Insert as a send only, but is that possible, or is the return needed to still get signal flow? Using the Insert would be great as it would mean I could take the dry send from wherever I want it in my chain but I'm not sure if the circuitry allows for this.

And what would be the impedance on the Tuner Out, or the Insert if it's possible to use that?

You can use the insert, or any send for that purpose. If you don’t plug something into the return, it effectively becomes a splitter. The insert loop is a good choice because the send is buffered. (500k impedance)

The tuner out is unbuffered and is basically just a direct connection to the input jack.

You can use the insert, or any send for that purpose. If you don’t plug something into the return, it effectively becomes a splitter. The insert loop is a good choice because the send is buffered. (500k impedance)

The tuner out is unbuffered and is basically just a direct connection to the input jack.
That's perfect - thank you so much! Every time I have a question about the PBC I'm astonished to find out exactly just how much it can do - it'll be cooking my dinner for me next!

Back