Dunlop DVP4 setup question

msnyder

I switched the internal setting according to the manual. And I was able to get the pedal to function as a volume pedal in the Insert Loop (PBC 6X).

I have a TRS connecting from the AUX on the DVP 4 to the Expression Pedal on the RJM.

After watching the expression pedal video, I'm still not able to get basic functionality. Feels like I'm missing something pretty rudimentary.

Global settings: ExpPdl1
-Timeline (channel 1): CC is "100 Exp Pedal"
-H9 (channel 2): CC is 17. "Exp Pedal"

I am trying to set up the basic wah sound on the H9. I believe I have the settings on the H9 correct because I'm getting the message: "Expression pedal mappings are disabled when the preset reads directly from the expression pedal."

Perhaps it's a calibrating issue? I did enter the calibration mode on setup and moved the pedal up and down dozens of times and watched it track on the PBC screen. I was never prompted to hit "okay" or save, etc. So perhaps I never "finished" calibrating?

Thanks much if anyone out there can help.

Mike

And while I'm at it...with the volume pedal in the insert loop, is there any way to keep trails on the Timeline and H9 (not in loops, controlled by midi)??? I thought this part would be really simple.

Just dawned on me that I have the Barn3 OX9 still using the espresso in pedal jack in the H9. Will disconnect that tomorrow and see if it helps...

Having something plugged into the expression jack may well be overriding the MIDI expression.

Others will probably be able to answer this better, but I'm pretty sure you need to enable trails in the H9 and Timeline, and turn on buffered bypass.

Back