Editor not communicating with MMGT

toasterdude

I have had issues reading settings from GT into Editor on windows 7. Changed USB cables various times. Just tried with a brand new macbook air and get the same errors. After the error the devices have been read in but the preset info and button configs have not?

That's particularly odd since the devices are the last thing that's sent.

What errors are you seeing, exactly?

Until we get this figured out, you can use a flash drive to transfer files. Not the most convenient, but should keep you going for now.

This must have been working before - you've been using your GT for a while now. What changed?

rjmmusic said:
That's particularly odd since the devices are the last thing that's sent.

What errors are you seeing, exactly?

I am traveling today but will screen grab or write down error. Pretty sure it says midi communication error. Behind that window is a status bar stalled on 0%.

None of my button names come through or presets but global stuff does. Devices, bi directional midi etc are all read from the GT.

rjmmusic said:
Until we get this figured out, you can use a flash drive to transfer files. Not the most convenient, but should keep you going for now.

This must have been working before - you've been using your GT for a while now. What changed?

All was working fine. The only hiccup was reading Axe FX Preset names. That started after I changed from going direct to Axe from your breakout box to connecting to a midi solutions T8 and from there going to Axe and the other devices.

All worked fine besides that until I upgraded to 1.4.5 and latest editor. I was on windows 7. Cganged USB various times and yesterday tried a brand new macbook air. Same issues.
I have been running since .9 beta I believe. Last July or so.

Hey toaster, couple ideas to think about while waiting for Ron.

1. Some MIDI Solutions devices use a pin in the connector that almost nobody else uses. Except RJM. I wanted to use a MIDI Solutions Thru (I think it was) and ran into this issue, couldn't use the device.

2. Back 2-3 firmware versions ago Fractal began warning in bold type to turn off or disconnect all connected MIDI devices while performing a firmware upgrade. I don't know the reason for the caution, but if you've missed doing this could something need to be reset?

HTH

boyscout said:
Hey toaster, couple ideas to think about while waiting for Ron.

1. Some MIDI Solutions devices use a pin in the connector that almost nobody else uses. Except RJM. I wanted to use a MIDI Solutions Thru (I think it was) and ran into this issue, couldn't use the device.

2. Back 2-3 firmware versions ago Fractal began warning in bold type to turn off or disconnect all connected MIDI devices while performing a firmware upgrade. I don't know the reason for the caution, but if you've missed doing this could something need to be reset?

HTH

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am aware that the midi solutions box will cause the GT to not read
axe preset names. No big deal as I will use the editor to name GT
Presets. I have never gotten the axe tuner to show up on GT. For now no big deal.
May need to add a polytune to my pedal board and send a signal from liquid router to it.
Was trying to avoid running a cable to pedalboard that isn't the midi XLR but again not a huge deal.

If 2.0 drops and the editor still can't communicate I guess I need to reset GT and start over.
Luckily I haven't done too many presets and with 2.0 and page per preset, I will be almost starting from scratch any way. Having the editor working will make it go much faster!

Have I mentioned how much I can't wait for page/preset? To me it takes the GT to whole other level!

Back