Editor wipes settings on presets when transferring data

RubenRoeh

One of my clients has reached out to me with aforementioned problem. Every time he changes the state of a funtion switch (controlling additional loops via a secondary unit in his case), and sends those settings to the pbc, he ends up with that preset or another one being wiped clean. Buffers off, outputs off, dry signal off (and also can not be turned back on), sometimes all the loops too and the last 4 are defaulted to serial. I for the life of mine can't find anything wrong in his settings. Has anyone encountered a similar issue before?

One of my clients has reached out to me with aforementioned problem. Every time he changes the state of a funtion switch (controlling additional loops via a secondary unit in his case), and sends those settings to the pbc, he ends up with that preset or another one being wiped clean. Buffers off, outputs off, dry signal off (and also can not be turned back on), sometimes all the loops too and the last 4 are defaulted to serial. I for the life of mine can't find anything wrong in his settings. Has anyone encountered a similar issue before?

Yes I have had a similar problem. I was under the gun and quickly programming presets for a 30 song set from the editor.
Sometimes after transferring a completed song to the PBC your exact problem occurred. It seemed it was always with the switches page and like you said the outputs and dry signal could not be turned back on, not even from the editor! I later figured out you have to replace that program by copying a clean one or a blank program to fix it, otherwise revert to a clean saved version.
I'm out of town and not by my computer, so I can't double check it but I think the problem was when writing a preset from the editor I would click the buttons I want on and off for each page, then when you hit save I noticed all the buttons go blank but when I highlight that preset again the chosen buttons show again. I think somehow in the state right after you save and the buttons go blank is where the problem happens. Whether I hit save again while the buttons where blank or moved to a new preset while showing the switches page and saved im not sure. I did slow down and made sure I highlighted the preset so the active buttons showed before moving on and also "saved as" After programming a new song.

Is he running 2.1.2? That sounds like something I recently fixed.
How recently did you fix it? He was running 2.1.1 I believe. I updated it for him. I told him to get 2.1.2 regardless of the issue. I have tried to replicate the bug on my pbc with firmware matching his, and using his backup file, unsuccessfully.

Back