EDP+ - Echoplex Digital Pro Plus

Mark Oswald

Anyone using one with their Mastermind GT??

I have a pair of EDP+ units, hooked up for stereo looping (using BrotherSync, etc). Works fine on it's own and with the standard EDP foot controller

Trying to get this working with my Mastermind GT22 is a little bit of a challenge. Some things seem to work okay, and others don't seem to work. As and example, none of the SUS functions (sustained actions when the button is held down) seem to work. This doesn't surprise me, as I expected the Button Action to be configured a little differently than the others (maybe CC momentary instead of CC toggle? who knows). Some of the other Direct Midi commands aren't working either, like Loop Reset and General Reset.

The setup seemed to be easy - sticking to the defaults. Added the device and assigned buttons, as per the normal menu system. The midi channel is correct. Control Source is set up for CC, and Source # is the default of 36. I went through and verified the Button Actions, CC Numbers, etc, and it all seems to be correct (from what I can tell).

If I'm a beta user, and this is just going to take some work to figure out the kinks - that's fine too. But I just wanted to see if there were any other EDP+ users, and if this works like a charm. If that's the case, I'm probably doing something wrong and can easily get back on track.

Other relevant info - I'm using the iConnectivity Mio10 Midi switch/router for all of my midi connections, including the Mastermind GT and EDP. It seems to be a great device and works well for everything else. Just didn't know if that would be a factor (shouldn't be) and wanted to provide the complete picture. Other than the connection routing, I'm not using any of the other advanced features (filters, mapping, etc).

Also, I've been using the GT-22 for quite some time with my Axe-FX II - so I know it's generally working (and is an amazing controller for the AFX btw).

Thanks!

-Mark

Back