Effect Gizmo - could it fit underneath a Pedaltrain Pro?

jjtguitar

Hi everyone. I'm really keen to get a switching system up. I'm currently running 10-12 pedals on a Pedaltrain Pro. I'm thinking of a Musicom Lab EFX MkIII, or maybe down the track RJM will have a pedalboard looper (unsubtle hint ;) ). However, while eight loops would be grand, the Effect Gizmo, with 12 loops (and four glorious stereo loops) is what I'm after. But I don't really want to go to a rack. I've measured under my Pedaltrain Pro, and I think that there would almost be enough room. I'd either have to put bigger/taller feet on the PT-Pro or cut some of the bars of the PT-Pro so the EG could fit.

Has anyone tried this? I searched the forum but couldn't see any info about that.

Have you considered making your own pedal board? That might be worth considering...

If you did mount it under the pedaltrain you might need to install some gussets for the rack wings to attach too. Would you be able to access all the buttons through the gap? I would suggest you use 4 or 6mm polycarbonate under the EG to protect the I/O bay and the rest of the unit from damage below as a minimum.
I dont think the EG is weak/fragile at all, I own one and rely on it, its just that it is intended for a rack and there can be a lot of dust and rough treatment dished out to pedalboards... depends on your usage I suppose.

Have a look for one of my earlier posts for a pedal board design that accommodates rack units.

Have you considered getting two Mini EGs, I know it is only ten loops but they are made for boards. What about 3 of them for 15 loops and get some more pedals?
Oh Yeah!

:)

I have considered making my own pedalboard. I had a few different designs done in SketchUp, and then a friend got a Pedaltrain Pro and I fell in love. They are just such a great, simple design. And cheaper than what I was going to build.

But that was before I decided to go with a MIDI controlled pedalboard...

I like the idea of the modular pedalboard system, but shipping pedalboards from the US to Australia isn't cheap. :x Plus the site doesn't seem updated in a long time, are they still making stuff?

I really like the boards designed by NiceRack NYC (http://niceracknyc.com/) that are designed to fit in Pelican rifle cases - I have the flight case PT-Pro and that is HEAVY. But the size of board I could fit in a Pelican case wouldn't really suit me either.

As for two MEGs, I can't justify spending the same amount of money as an EG but getting two less loops and no stereo.

I'm going to need two boards anyway, one for all the pedals and the EG and one for the Mastermind GT (hopefully!) and probably wah, volume, expression, tuner, so maybe I could use the PT-Pro for the control and build a custom board for the EG and pedals.

I could rack it all, but I just like having the pedals close at hand and easy to bend down and tweak. :p

I hear you about getting products to this side of the world, it can be painfully expensive at times! You are right of course, the EG answers your needs - and four loops in stereo is very attractive.

I'll be keen to see what you do on this project, I was going to build my own board with the EG mounted underneath and think it is a viable project if its well protected. I may still do this myself at some point...

Back