running it at 12v dc with a 1Amp adapter
so i went out and bought a fixed AC 9V 3.2A
from Maplin code L53BR
http://www.maplin.co.uk/ac-ac-fixed-vol ... pplies-240
AND I STILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM
It wont recall my presets

hi Folks
Anybody over there awake yet :)
here is a update and history it might help other users and i would welcome your input

1 bought new power adapter :? No good
2 checked and changed midi cable :cry: No good
3 updated firmware on g system :evil: No good
4 used the clear system command in the g system utility menu :lol:
yep the clear system command did the trick it only resets all global settings it wont wipe your presets
you will have to re enable your insert loop for 4 cable method hit edit button , press loop3 and scroll right to find insert loop

:idea: i think changing the functions of some of the switches on the g system
example assigning the boost button to be a midi controller for the loop on my gizmo
thats housing my top boost pedal plus about 3 other switches on the g system
have been reassigned this may be confusing the G system
cause when the switches on the G system are all set to their default function
everything works as it should with the Gizmo

i will keep working on it and see if there is something i missed
hope this helps anybody that finds themselves in the same predicament
and if you have had this problem yourself would you have any more suggestions
Regards
Strathead

Looks like you're running into the limitations of the G-System as a MIDI controller. I think what's happening is that the G-System is sending the correct program change message, but then sending controller messages for each of the switches you've redefined to send MIDI messages. The default state of those switches is off, so the Effect Gizmo turns its loop on (because of the program change), but then very quickly turns the loop back off (because of the continuous controller message).

The only way you'll be able to get around it is if there's some way to program the G-System switch to turn on automatically when you select a preset. I don't know enough about the G-System t know if that's possible, though...

rjmmusic said:
Looks like you're running into the limitations of the G-System as a MIDI controller. I think what's happening is that the G-System is sending the correct program change message, but then sending controller messages for each of the switches you've redefined to send MIDI messages. The default state of those switches is off, so the Effect Gizmo turns its loop on (because of the program change), but then very quickly turns the loop back off (because of the continuous controller message).

The only way you'll be able to get around it is if there's some way to program the G-System switch to turn on automatically when you select a preset. I don't know enough about the G-System t know if that's possible, though...

I have a mini effects gizmo running with the g-system. I have also redfined buttons on the g- system controller to turn loops on and off. I am also using a mini amp gizmo. Using these with the g- system controller is a lot like using an rg-16 with a ground control pro as you demonstrate in your video. Program changes on the MAG are set the usual way, and they would be om the MEG tooif the buttons on the g-system controller are not reassigned. I reassinged all the loop buttons and the boost button to control loops on the MEG. In each preset, you assign the state of the loops to be on or off, so if you program the MEG the usual way you do by sending a program change, turning on loops on the MEG, then pressing write, selecting the preset will turn off the loops if their state has not been saved in the preset. Program the MEG the same way you would with a GCP. Turn the loops on by programmiming the buttons in the g-system preset. If you have fewer buttons reprogrammed on the g-system controller than than you have loops on the EG, you will have to use both methods to program the EG. For example, I have four buttons on the g-system controller set to control four loops on the MEG. I program the on/off state of buttons 1-4 in my g-system presets. If I also want the fifth button on as well, then I turn it on on the MEG and press the write button. I hope that is clear. I am typing on my iPad, which is annoying. I am out of town. When I retun home, I can put together a little instruction sheet.
all the best,

Ciro

wow cscotto
i just seen this now i have reverted to not using the buttons on the gsystem
but if you have found a way i would really appreciate any diagrams you could muster
thanks in advance

Back