Effects Gizmo pre amp question

Bozie

Hi all,

I have been scanning the forum and found answers to nearly all my questions - its a great resource! I have a few things I need to clarify:

What happens if I have five pedals in the first five loops front of the Effects Gizmo, and want the next three pedals in the amps fx loop (the diagrams show sets of eight or four pedals in front of an amp, hence the question).
Would I:
- use the Effects Gizmo loop 6 send to patch into the CS input, use the CS output to go to guitar amp input. Then the the amplifiers fx send comes back into loop 6 return? (Loop 6 would need to be on all the time, and the next three pedals would be in loops 7-8-9. Loop 9 output would connect to the amplifiers fx return).

Is that right or am I missing something here?

Cheers

Attachments

• EGWD.pdf
    82.9 KB · Views: 159
You could do that, but it's making life unnecessarily complicated for yourself. Instead, use loops 1-4 and loop 9 for the 5 pedals before the amp. Patch from the 1-4 OUT to loop 9 IN, loop 9 OUT to the CS IN. Then you're free to use loops 5-8 for the pedals in your FX loop.

Gosh, thats a good idea - these are super versatile products!

I have been doing serious product research for a pedal switching system for about a month now, I have looked at GigRig, Voodoo Lab, Rocktron, Cusack, Roadrage, you name it... They all offer something different which made comparisons difficult.

Initially comparing all the specs created more questions about what I wanted to achieve than real answers, but my conclusion is that rjm offer the most flexible, modular, and easily expandable products for my purpose.

Martin, I'm in the same boat and had considered what you have described. But I believe that leaves Loops 5-8 which will be used in the Amps Effects Loop without a Click Stopper and therefore "Click Noise" in the Effects Loop.

Is there a way to utilize the CS without having a parallel signal being routed to the CS so that both chains (Loops 1-4 and Loops 5-8) would have separate Click Stoppers?

Generally, you don't need to have the Click Stopper in the effects loop. Once you've gotten past any sources of gain (pedals, preamp), the click won't be amplified enough to hear.

I find that putting the Click Stopper right after the amp's effect loop send is often the best place for it.

I read the manual! And, I worked backwards on the signal path and placed it where the signal splits to reach the PreAmps which is before Loop-9 IN (Loops 9-12 SENDs are used to switch pre-amps).

Sorry for the trouble, the manual was specific, clear, and right on! :)

Back