Effects/Rack Gizmo Wiring Diagram Question

MAXIMUM

I got too busy and had to put my master pedal switching project down for a few months...and just this week I was working on it again. I am doing a little troubleshooting...but I am getting close.

The general concept is that I have 2 Effects Gizmos followed by a Rack Gizmo...running up to 20 mono effects in front of the amps...then feeding two amps in stereo...then amps sends back to the second Effect Gizmo...into a couple time based mono effects...then off to a full stereo Rack Gizmo for all my stereo effects...then lastly back to the amp returns.

I am primarily modeling the Rack Gizmo wiring diagram "4 pedals in front of two amps, switchable preamps, 2 stereo effects processors".

My main question with this diagram is with the mono-to-stereo converter cable shown going from "Out 6" to "In 7". With the converter there my couple mono time based pedals only can be heard in the left amp. If I move that converter down the chain to after the rest of the mono effects...the mono effects work fine...but I have trouble with the stereo effects in the next section.

Hopefully that makes sense. I could put all of the mono effects in front of the amps...and it would probably work fine. Mixing mono and stereo pedals in the amps effects loops seems to be the issue.

Any suggestions I should try?

I got too busy and had to put my master pedal switching project down for a few months...and just this week I was working on it again. I am doing a little troubleshooting...but I am getting close.

The general concept is that I have 2 Effects Gizmos followed by a Rack Gizmo...running up to 20 mono effects in front of the amps...then feeding two amps in stereo...then amps sends back to the second Effect Gizmo...into a couple time based mono effects...then off to a full stereo Rack Gizmo for all my stereo effects...then lastly back to the amp returns.

I am primarily modeling the Rack Gizmo wiring diagram "4 pedals in front of two amps, switchable preamps, 2 stereo effects processors".

My main question with this diagram is with the mono-to-stereo converter cable shown going from "Out 6" to "In 7". With the converter there my couple mono time based pedals only can be heard in the left amp. If I move that converter down the chain to after the rest of the mono effects...the mono effects work fine...but I have trouble with the stereo effects in the next section.

Hopefully that makes sense. I could put all of the mono effects in front of the amps...and it would probably work fine. Mixing mono and stereo pedals in the amps effects loops seems to be the issue.

Any suggestions I should try?
You can run the mono in the loop, but you need to put all the mono effects first and then convert it to stereo. The stereo converter cable has to come after the last mono effect.

Sounds like the way it should work, however I was having issues with my stereo effects when I did that. I will do more experimenting this weekend to see if I can sort out the issue.

Thanks.

Ahhhhhh. Even though I was sending the signal to both amps...I wasn't thinking about it being stereo at the that point. I was thinking that it was officially stereo at the point I insert the mono-stereo converter cable.

So maybe I need to look at a different way to run the signal such that I can select between each of the two amp inputs...which returns to separate EG channels in mono...goes through my last few mono time based effects...then converts to stereo. I think I can figure that out.

Thanks again for the dialog...that helps a bunch.

Back