EG Channel switching voltage?

Bozie

Hey all,
I am modifying a pedal that has a boost function so I can control it with the EG much the same way I do with my amp. This requires a relay, a jack input, some cable, and a bit of wiring. The relay going into the pedal needs to match the voltage from the EG, amps are already set up for this but since I am starting from scratch...

What voltage does the EG put out to switch channels/functions on amplifiers?

Cheers

The EG (and all of our products) don't put out any voltage at all. All they do is connect two pins together. In the case of the EG, it will either short the tip to shield, or it will leave them unconnected.

Typically, you would wire a positive voltage to one end of your relay, wire the other end of the relay to the tip of the footswitch jack, then wire the shield of the jack to ground. When the EG shorts the tip to ground, it completes the circuit and activates the relay.

I thought so! The technician I was talking too was so very adamant about it that I decided I must be wrong, but I just couldn't figure why you would want to send voltage into a pedal loop. Not his fault really, he is just not familiar with switching systems.

Its one of those things eh? We cant always tell when to trust ourselves when we dont have all the facts...

Anyway, thanks for that.

:)

Back